21 September 2013

#31dc2013 - Day 21: Inspired by a colour

As the end of the challenge draws nearer its safe to say the real challenge still lies ahead. These next 10 days require out of the box thinking with manis inspired by songs, colours, art and books. Thank goodness I'm on holidays so that I can really put my thinking cap on. Although when it comes to picking a colour I'm inspired by, that was a  no brainer...purple!


Today's design features:

  • Barry M Gelly - Prickly Pear (Lavender)
  • OPI - Funky Dunky (purple)
  • Zoya - Miley (sheer lilac)
  • OPI - My boyfriend scales walls (off white)
  • To create the ombre colours I mixed Funky Dunky and Boyfriend in different ratios.


 You dont need to have a tonne of different purples to create an ombre, just mix your own colours from what you have in your polish stash. That way you keep the same tone to the colours and can achieve that gradual change in saturation. I started with a base of Miley, then added the striping tape. I then used a small brush to fill in each colour. I worked from the tips down. I did the tips of all my nails with Funky Dunky, then moved to the next colour. I didn't do each finger one at a time because I needed to work fast with the colours that I had mixed. The ring finger was created by blobbing a few different purples on my nail then swirling them around with a small brush to create a watercolour effect. Until tomorrow.....

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...